Baby Clothes Brands Made in the USA
It shouldn’t be surprising to learn that sweatshops are still a huge issue within the textile industry. In fact, many large clothing brands like Victoria’s Secret, H&M, Urban Outfitters, and Forever 21 just to name a few have been accused time and time again of using unethical means of labor and production. Because I just had a baby, I know how tempting it is to buy new baby clothes. It seems especially tempting for family and friends. Don’t get me wrong, lavishing a new baby in a cute wardrobe is nothing to be ashamed of. However, it’s best to make sure your clothing is ethically sourced in the USA! So, I’ve put together this list of baby clothes brands made in the USA to help make the shopping easier. Whether you’re shopping for a friend’s baby or your own, avoid sweatshops with baby clothes brands made in the USA.
- Garden Kids – Garden Kids prides itself on continuing to offer its USA-made organic clothing line for children.
- Kumquat – Made in California, this brand has grown while maintaining the ability to proudly call itself USA made.
- Decaf Plush – What was once a small partnership has since blossomed into a thriving business. It has broad US distribution, including retailers in Japan, Europe & Australia. Each and every decaf plush design is proudly made in America.
- Lainaline – Cute boutique style clothes made exclusively in the USA!
- Winter Water Factory – Every item is crafted from 100% organic cotton and is made in the USA—from the fabric to the final stitch.
- Ses Petites Mains – Happily designed and made in USA.
- Courtney Courtney – Each courtneycourtney piece is versatile and comfortable at play and at rest. A+ on my list of baby clothes brands made in the USA.
- Kallio – MISSION: To provide you with simple and beautiful ways to engage in conscious design and living.
- Brooklyn Junior – Brooklyn Junior’s children’s designs are made with the softest 100% cotton. They are crafted in local Brooklyn workshop in the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
- Lucy and Leo – All of their clothing is cut and sewn in NY.
- Kira Kids – From Kira Kids: It’s important for me to keep everything made locally using super soft non-toxic and sustainable fabrics. We’ve partnered with amazing cut and sew factories in California. We are proud to contribute to the growth of our local economy.
Beyond Baby Clothes Brands Made in the USA
If you’re still on the hunt for cute, ethical baby clothes and didn’t find what you were looking for here, don’t worry! There are other fun baby clothes that are sweat shop free. For example, funky organic baby clothes, bamboo baby clothes, and vegan baby clothes. Another place to find great, locally sourced clothing is etsy! If you’re really feeling artsy, consider making your own baby clothes from high quality yarn! You could add your own flare to the list of baby clothes brands made in the USA 😉