Looking for healthy vegan snacks? They’re easier to come by than you might think.
Vegan snacks are great for when you’re on the go, at work, school, or getting caught up in business of life. Additionally, vegan snacks are super handy to have around for when you’re not feeling up to cooking and just need a quick bite to eat. If you’re new to veganism, you might be at a loss for what foods to turn to. In fact, some of you may even be asking, “what do vegans eat?” Maybe you’re familiar with the vegan world and are just looking for some additional inspiration to spice up your vegan snacks. Wherever you’re at in your health/vegan journey, you’ll find some great ideas below for healthy vegan snacks.
Healthy Vegan Snacks
- Sliced apples with peanut butter. Try sprinkling with cinnamon or your favorite spice.
- Celery with peanut butter and raisins. Traditional ants on a log!
- No Bake Peanut Butter Cookies. Seriously you guys. Try these. I make a batch every week to keep handy in the fridge.
- Raw Vegan Brownies. Another recipe that’s super great to make for the week and just keep on hand. Bonus: It satisfies that chocolate craving!
- Seaweed It’s important to get enough iodine, so this is a great option to include in your healthy vegan snacks. However, it can take some getting used to if you’re not accustomed to eating sea vegetables. Nevertheless, once you acquire a taste for it, it can’t be beat!
- Mixed nuts. All in all, pretty self-explanatory. Personally, my favorite nuts are cashews, walnuts, peanuts, Brazil nuts, and almonds. Of course, for added nutrition and flavor, throw some seeds into the mix! Sesame seeds, pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds, and sunflower seeds are all great options. Note: Lightly drizzle on some maple syrup and nut butter, roll into balls, and bake for tasty little bars.
- Hummus with vegetables. Not only is homemade hummus with carrots, broccoli, or jicama delicious, but also many store bought versions of hummus! Of course, check the ingredients before purchasing to make sure it’s not hiding any unhealthy additives.
- Guacamole with vegetables. Make sure the guacamole isn’t too packed with salt and enjoy with carrots!
- Peanut Butter and banana toast. Ezekiel bread toasted with peanut, or any kind of nut butter, topped with a sliced banana. In addition to snacking, this can be used as a light meal. Note: Try sprinkling with cinnamon to spice things up.
- Avocado toast. Ezekiel bread toasted and spread with light avocado. So tasty and can also be used as light meal! Try adding a little mustard, salt, and pepper to add some extra flavor.
- Applesauce. Check the ingredients and make sure you’re not getting the kind with added sugars or syrups. Better yet, trying making your own!
- Dried fruit.
- Kale Chips.
- Sweet Potato Fries. These are super nice to make on a Sunday (or whatever day is best for meal prep) and store in the fridge to snack on throughout the week.
- Frozen blueberries (other berries or grapes work too!). A nice summer treat to stay cool and healthy!
Let me know in the comments what your favorite healthy vegan snacks are 🙂 Also, leave any tips you have for snacking vegan on the go!